Backcountry Access at Apex Resort
Backcountry skiing is rapidly growing in popularity. Once you exit the controlled recreation area and ski outside the boundaries of Apex Mountain Resort, there are some important things to know:
Know Before You Go!
- Please check in with Apex Guest Services and complete a “Backcountry Access Trip Itinerary Form.”
- The backcountry is not patrolled. Once you leave the boundary of the resort, you are at your own risk.
- Avalanche awareness and training are required.
- Skiing in multiples (3 people minimum recommended)
- Please visit Avalanche Canada for avalanche forecasts, bulletins and further important information
- Be prepared in case of an avalanche! Bring companion rescue equipment such as a:
- Please note:
**Apex Mountain Resort (1997) is in no way, liable or responsible once you venture outside the controlled recreation area.